acts of departure

 

                    source: https://theconversation.com/


by Amarsha Auranada Nafi’ahsyifa Siregar (Aura)


the departure

i'm staring at the ocean

as blue and as calm as your eyes

but sadly

you're gone

leaving me alone

with the crashing waves

 

the departure ii

as the sun's peeking through the clouds

a ray of sunshine enters my room

but i have closed my curtains

darkness filling up my lonely space

what is the point of living

if you have disappeared?

the departure iii

a white pillowcase

has turned

into

a pool of tears

 

a beige curtain

has been

closed

and refused to see the world

 

a broken record player

has been

thrown away

and sat in the corner

 

this is what happens

when you

decided

to leave

 

the departure iv

i was your sunshine

but you had

closed

your windows

not letting me in

 

i was your sunshine

but you had decided

to leave

with your umbrella

entering the rainy streets

 

i was your sunshine

and you were mine

but now

you have chosen

to shine on another meadow of flowers

 

the departure v

days after days

months after months

years passed

since you left

 

it's breaking me,

for i’m shattering into pieces

as i continue my life

still you're nowhere to found

 

but if you ever come back

just please

tell me

why did you leave?

 

the departure vi

i always believe

that

God has given each of us a miracle

 

i always believe

that mine

was given a family and a home

a safe place in the world

 

i always believe

that

my greatest gifted miracle

was given the things that i'm thankful for

 

but apparently

i was wrong

 

for God

had given me my miracle

after all this time

i've searched for it

 

it was you

for God had given me the opportunity

to seek the beauty

of your soul

 

even if

it only lasted

for

a short time

 

it felt ethereal

acts of departure